- This event has passed.
Family Camp at Larry Creek (all ages)
From 10:00 am to 5:00 pm |
Join us for a family camp trip at Larry Creek!
- There is plenty of space for lots of tents and even a lot of campers/trailers. We should be able to make space for anyone who wants to come.
- This will be really relaxed this first year- bring your own food, do what you feel like doing when you feel like doing it, etc. But we will have some optional scheduled events for whoever is interested- like if you would like to have people join you for a long hike, if you’d like to lead a game, schedule a tournament of some sort (volleyball, ladderball, horseshoes, etc.) or lead a craft or outdoorsy class, let Amber Stewart know!
- If you have some musical talent, bring it to the campfire! An evening group campfire could be a talent show- people who have practiced some songs can sing for us or play their instrument for us, or someone could lead a song for everyone to join in and sing. Amber might lead some silly camp songs and Disney songs for the kids. Do you have any not-scary camp stories to share? Bring those too! But we’ll cut off the noise by a certain time so families with littles can get to sleep.
- Everyone will need to bring all their own camping gear, cooking supplies, plates, cups, bowls, utensils, food, water, coffee, etc. You might want to bring outside games, board games, sandbox toys, swimming stuff (there is a creek to splash around in), and firewood!! There are quite a few fire pits scattered around the group site for people to share and cook food on. Sunscreen, bug spray, binoculars, tarps, camping chairs, extra socks and shoes, plenty of blankets and layered clothes are always a good idea.
- Cost: $10 per family for 1 night, or $20 per family for 2 nights. $5 per individual for 1 night, $10 per individual for 2 nights. A small $0.50 surcharge has been added to the cost to help cover eNDVR’s fees. There is also a day use option if you would like to come and hang out during the day (any day, all weekend!) but not spend the night.
Take the road to Bass Creek, but instead of going left toward the campground, take a right past the nature trail and the big parking lot- keep going until you reach a sign that says Larry Creek Group Site.