- This event has passed.
Free Range Farming
From 9:00 am to 11:00 am |
Using scientific investigation to learn science behind our food. The class offers the opportunity to explore where food comes from, how to prepare food, how to preserve food. Experiments will include, but are limited to, soil profiles, planting techniques, weather/climate, food impact on society, chicken life cycle (omnivore students only), and much more as ideas come to mind.
- Class will take place at 2712 South 7th Street West.
- Ages 10-18
- Class meets on Mondays AND Thursdays from 9-11.
- Cost of the class is $10 a week for first child, $5 for any siblings in the class.
- With enrollment you will receive food for your family that your child will grow and preserve.
- Class time will be split between outside and inside depending on weather. Included in this time will be free range time outside.
- No screens, computers, ipads, phones, etcetera, for 30 minutes of class.
- Must commit to seasonal enrollment, and two day a week attendance.
- Two seasons are offered into 2016:
- April 6th through June 26th
September through Thanksgiving.
- Two weeks of camp during the summer, dates to be determined.