- This event has passed.
Youth Survival Camp (ages 5-8) August 14-18
From 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Students will form a solid foundation in the basics of survival: shelter, water, food, and fire. Emphasis is placed on creating experienced based knowledge. We will not only learn survival skills, but also the principles underlying these skills. Rather than struggling against the environment, it is important to know how to thrive within it. We are cultivating a deeper sense of self, expanded awareness, and a greater understanding of our place in the natural world.
I have used the word ‘absorbed’, in preference to ‘learnt’, for jungle lore is not a science that can be learnt from textbooks; it can, however, be absorbed, a little at a time, and the absorbtion process can go on indefinitely, for the book of nature has no beginning, as it has no end.
-Jungle Lore by Jim Corbett
We will learn the art of self reliance: shelter, water, fire, and food. This camp is catered to the younger age-group and focuses on story-telling, exploration, games, and engaging skills that will pave the way for expert survivalists down the road. The emphasis of this class is to have fun, stay on the move, and have real experiences that will ignite a life-long passion for the natural world.
Some of the skills we will learn:
– The principles of shelter, insulation, and how to stay warm and dry
– Edible, Medicinal, and Utilitarian plants
– How to identify and track animals
– Nature awareness & observation skills
– Different ways of safely making a fire
– Primitive hunting techniques
5 Reasons to Pick eNDVR Survival Camps
1) Fun Skills that extend to all areas of life
2) Real Experiences that forge a lifelong connection to the wilderness
3) Old & New Friends from this year and last year
4) Exceptional Locations are some of Missoula’s best hidden spots
5) Staff – An incredible wealth of knowledge and experience
There is a $50 non-refundable deposit for this summer camp.